Benefits of Covenant Marriage license in Arkansas
Did you know that Arkansas has two different types of marriage licenses? The regular marriage and the covenant marriage.
A covenant marriage is a legally binding marriage agreement that goes beyond the typical marriage contract. In Arkansas, the covenant marriage law was passed in 2001, making it the third state in the United States to adopt this type of marriage. Justin and I took advantage of this law in 2011 when we got our covenant marriage license.
Here are some of the benefits of having a covenant marriage vs. a regular marriage license in Arkansas:
1. Strengthened commitment: By signing a covenant marriage agreement, couples make a solemn promise to each other to work through any difficulties in their marriage and to stay together for life. This strengthens their commitment to each other and their marriage.
2. Reduced divorce rates: Research shows that couples in covenant marriages are less likely to divorce than those in traditional marriages. This is because the covenant marriage agreement requires couples to undergo premarital counseling and to seek counseling if they face difficulties in their marriage.
3. Family support: Covenant marriage promotes family involvement and support. Couples in covenant marriages often seek guidance and support from their families when faced with challenges in their marriage.
4. Legal protection: Couples in covenant marriages have legal protection in the event of a divorce. In order to obtain a divorce in a covenant marriage, couples must show proof of fault, such as adultery, abuse, or abandonment. This ensures that couples will not give up on their marriage without trying to resolve their issues.
5. Emotional security: Covenant marriage provides emotional security for couples. Knowing that their spouse is committed to their marriage and willing to work through any difficulties provides a sense of security and stability in the relationship.
To finish up, a covenant marriage license provides many benefits for couples in Arkansas. It strengthens commitment, reduces divorce rates, promotes family support, offers legal protection, and provides emotional security. By signing a covenant marriage agreement, couples promise to work through any difficulties in their marriage and to stay together for life.